Trek Tech Redemption: Stanley's One-Handed H2O Bottle

 
A few weeks ago, I posted a pretty negative review of Stanley's Nineteen 13 One-Handed stainless steel water bottle. My criticisms were that while it was a solid idea, the basics failed to perform. The one-handed innovations were sound, but the lid leaked when the bottle was inverted and the carabiner clip broke off.

Stanley contacted me about the bottle the day after the article posted. They offered to send another one and asked for my original sample so they could see what was wrong with it. I was impressed by their quick response and accepted the offer.

The first thing I did when it arrived was fill it up with water and hold it upside down. No leaks. The lid was tight as a drum.

The one-handed spout works perfectly, and the rubber on the neck still provides a secure one-handed grip. I've purposely been a bit hard on the carabiner clip, and it's been holding up to much more abuse than the first one (I have a tendency to swing my bottle when I walk).

I've asked other people who've had both good and bad experiences with the bottle, and the consensus seems that the initial run (of which my first sample was part) had a few design flaws, but they quickly ironed out in later iterations.
As I said in my first review, if the company ironed out the kinks, this could be one of my favorite bottles for daily use. This new bottle has proven me right-on the bike, in the car, or just walking around the neighborhood, I'm dragging the One-Handed Bottle with me wherever I go.