Most Wanted: Spacecraft Scout and Panda Masks

My new obsession isn't the most technical thing ever. Essentially, it's just a beanie with a facemask. But in so many ways, it's much more than that. I mean, there are plenty of ways to keep your face warm on the mountain, but few are as awe-inspiring as this:

The Scout Mask - you sneeze in it, you bought it.
Made by art project/apparel company Spacecraft Collective, the Scout Mask ($34.95) is a beanie with an attached knit beard face warmer. My face goes numb at the drop of a hat when I'm snowboarding, so I'm all about keeping it warm. The Scout Mask just adds some style to the equation.

A lot of facemasks will keep your face warm, but few actually make me laugh out loud every time I see it. I'm sure that at some point the novelty of having a beard that would make Chuck Norris cower in shame will wear off, but it hasn't so far. If it does, I could always use the Panda Mask ($34.95) to strike fear in the hearts of Yeti everywhere.
I keep thinking about how funny it would be to vomit while wearing this.
I think my balaclava just became obsolete. 

The Scout Mask and the Panda Mask come in varying colors.Take a closer look over at SpacecraftCollective.com.


Most Wanted posts are profiles of gear that catches our eye. Since we haven't gotten our hands on most of these pieces (yet), they aren't reviews - they're just overviews on what the gear is designed to do. More often than not, we'll try to get a tester to see how well they work, but until then, we'll be content with just drooling over it. If you know of a piece of gear that deserves to be featured on Most Wanted, shoot us a note at editor@trektechblog.com.