Gearing Up for the 2011 Redding Turkey Trot

After a test run in Whiskeytown Rec Area

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day, which for many of us means earning your right to eat ten pounds of stuffing by running your local Turkey Trot. If tonight is any indication, tomorrow's Turkey Trot is going to be a cold, rainy one. Luckily, I've got the perfect gear for it. Here's my Turkey Trot Setup: 
Brooks Running LSD Lite















Weighing just over 4 ounces, the LSD Lite kept rain and snow out, but didn't weigh me down on test runs. The hood stays on, thanks to the light elastic band, and if the sun pops out, the whole thing packs down into a rear pocket.

The Fly Softshell Pant rocks Pearl iZumi's PRO fleece for extra warmth with some extra fabric on the front of the thighs, where the rain and wind hit the hardest. They've worked really well in rain, wind and snow, and the thigh vents come in handy if things start to heat up. They're slim cut, but they're not tights, so I won't have to worry about people checking out my butt when I fly by them.
Pearl iZumi's Fly Softshell Pant

I never thought I'd need Gore-Tex shoes until last year, when I ran in my first snowstorm. Back then, numb toes cut my run short; not this year, though - Inov-8's Roclite 312 GTX has already pushed me through rainstorms and ankle-deep snow. All signs are pointing to warm, dry toes tomorrow.
Inov-8 Roclite 312 GTX