Hawaii...

Hmm...it looks like there's a race that I'm looking towards for next year. I'm nervous even talking about it.

It's a half-70.3 miles, and it's in Hawaii...it's the Honu Half Ironman race on the Big Island. Looks like a party. A big, painful party.

A sprint tri is a lot of fun, and it's pretty accessible, but 70.3 miles is a bit different. The training is going to involve some long-term discipline and time commitments. Scary/exciting.

It's kind of weird because six months ago this would have been a joke to me. There's no way this would even be considered. But now I feel this weird eagerness to fly to a beautiful island and torture myself.

I guess I'm at this point in my life where I want to do the things that I never thought I'd do, or I maybe I just want to keep scaring myself. I just don't like the idea of doing the same thing day in and day out, no surprises, no challenges.

Luckily I have an amazing wife who always supports me (as long as I don't get myself killed) in my wackiness. If Heather wasn't so supportive, there's no way I'd even consider this. I'm a lucky dude.

She's pretty cute, too. :)