The Next Tri...


Looks like we've found a candidate for the next Triathlon: The Sandman Tri in Santa Cruz!

The event takes place on Sunday, August 3rd and consists of a .5 mile swim, 15 mile bike, and 4.2 mile run on the beach.

It's about 4 hours from Redding, but Santa Cruz is a sweet place to spend the weekend before the race. The beaches are great, there's the Boardwalk for the young 'uns, and there are a bunch of shops and local restaurants in the area, so you can be a tourist, then an athlete.

I've had a couple of guys come up to me and express interest in doing the next triathlon with me, so here's your chance. The City of Gold Triathlon was intimidating at first, but it turned out to be one of the best times I've ever had. Everyone there from the competitors to the volunteers were totally supportive, and everyone who came along with me was just awesome to be around. If you do it, it's seriously something that you'll never forget. Trust me, you want in on this.