First Impressions: Treksta's Kobra II Trail Running Shoe

Yesterday,  the UPS guy put a Kobra on my doorstep. I didn’t panic, though, because the box it came in said Treksta on it.


In the fairly busy trail shoe market, Treskta’s Kobra II GTX shoes have two distinct features that help them stand out. 

First is their shape - thanks to their NestFIT last, which was developed by scanning  20,000 individual feet, the Kobras make an attempt to conform to every contour of the human foot, top to bottom. Take a look at the toebox. 

The last just goes straight out from the ball of the foot to the end of the toebox, rather than encroaching inward on the big toe. Most shoes tend to creep inward and come to a point at the toebox, so this could be a huge plus for me.


The second unique feature is the Boa lacing system, a feature that you are likely to have seen before on snowboard boots. Boa allows for fine-tuned fit, doesn't loosen up, and does away with excess laces that flop around when you run. This will be my first time running with a Boa system, so I'm anxious to try it out.
I'll be giving these guys a few trial runs before the TransRockies Run next week. I'll let you know what I come up with.