Most Wanted: Easton Mountain Products Kilo 3-Person Tent

Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm starting to lean more towards comfort when I'm out in the backcountry. Mummy bags leave me claustrophobic, and bivy sacs aren't exactly palatial. I'm not a huge guy, but man, I need space, especially if I'm sharing a tent with somebody. The problem is, the bigger the tent, the more weight you're dealing with as you haul it to your campsite.
Not so with Easton Mountain Products' Kilo 3P tent ($499, Summer 2012). Part of EMP's Kilo family of ultralight tents, the three person doublewall kilo 3 offers 40 square feet of floorspace and almost four feet of headroom in a three pound package. 

Forty square feet of floorspace and 3 pounds in the pack. That's a pound per person.
It doesn't feel like a three pound tent when you're in it.
I got to see the Kilo 3 in person at the outdoor retailer trade show, and it felt cavernous with just me in it. Hopefully I'll get my hands on one of these guys in the near future so I can try it out in the field.

Until then, take a look at the Kilo 1P on Easton Mountain Products' website to see how the tech keeps the weight to a minimum.

-----

Most Wanted posts are profiles of gear that catches our eye. Since we haven't gotten our hands on these pieces (yet), MW posts aren't reviews; they're just overviews on what the gear is designed to do. More often than not, we'll try to get a tester to see how well they work, but until then, we'll be content with just drooling over it. If you know of a piece of gear that deserves to be featured on Most Wanted, shoot us a note at editor@trektechblog.com.